Last updated: 03/12/19
What data do we collect?
Our organization collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, etc.)
- the IP address assigned to you;
- the date and time of your access to our website;
- the pages you viewed on our website;
- the type of browser, platform and/or operating system you are using;
- the search engine and the keywords used to find the website;
- your browsing preferences.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the EPP with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online.
- Voluntarily complete the “stay in touch” and “Engage with us!” forms.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
The EPP may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Social media including Facebook but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your Personal Data to us.
How will we use your data?
The EPP collects your data so that we can:
- Provide you with more information about policies or campaigns.
- Email you with specific replies to your request.
Who do we disclose your information to?
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through our website, landing pages or social media with third parties. The EPP will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
How do we store your data?
We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
However, we may keep your data for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes, without prejudice to any other provision of Regulation (EC) No. 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000.
What are your data protection rights?
The EPP would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request the EPP for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the EPP corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the EPP to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the EPP erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the EPP restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the EPP’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the EPP transfers the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +32-2-2854140
Or write to us: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – The EPP uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – The EPP uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. The EPP sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at: Rue du Commerce, 10 – 1000 Bruxelles
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that the EPP has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Autorité de la protection des données – Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit (APD-GBA).
Address: Rue de la Presse 35 – Drukpersstraat 35 ; 1000 Bruxelles – Brussel